Saturday 24 August 2013

August 22 - The Fight


She takes me by surprise. I’m leaning against a tree, one in a long line following the curve of the hill. Her hand slaps into my shoulder blade, sending me off balance. Before I know it she’s inside my guard, quick blows raining on my ribs. I spring backwards, swinging my arm around to deflect her next attack, but it doesn’t come. She just stands there, arms crossed across her chest, smirking at me. I take a deep breath, and bring my hands into guard position. She got me, but she’s going to regret giving up her advantage. Her smile fades, as I step take a slow step forward, I think she’s realised her mistake.

 I lock eyes with her, then dart forward, right hand flickering towards her face, she throws her own up, but I expected that, and my left catches her a glancing blow on the forehead. Her blue eyes narrow, and she hisses, scratching at me. Her nails rake against my upflung arm, and I jump back again. Now she’s mad, and that’s just the way I like it. She jumps at me, fingers crooked into claws. I step back, and back again, leading her through a complex dance. Each of her attacks I slap away with ease, using my longer reach to get around her and strike her head, again and again. Each time she gets more and more angry, and yet more frantic. Her nails scrape against my skin, peeling off rolls and drawing blood, but that’s just my guard. She cannot touch my core, and she knows it. She breaks off, standing still save for the rise and fall of her chest. A strand of black hair is plastered across her face. I smirk, and she rushes me again, breathing coming in quick short gasps. I step back once again, but rough bark slams into my back, stopping me short and knocking my breath out of me.

 She rushes forward fist driving into my stomach and doubling me over. Her knee rushes towards my groin, and in desperation I twist to the side, grabbing at it with my hand and pulling it to immobilise. Her weight puts me off balance, and we pivot. Her back slams into the tree, and her other leg wraps around my waist. I can feel her breathing as her body presses against mine. Her fingers grip my hair painfully, dragging my head back, and I feel her teeth on my neck. Her legs tighten around my waist, grinding my hips against her. Her breath is hot on my neck, and I can feel her muscles tense as I run my hands up her legs, her back. She nips at my earlobe, so I grab her chin and bring her face to mine, crushing our lips together. Her fingernails dig into my back and I hear a growling deep in her throat. I feel the warmth of her tongue as it runs across my teeth. We come up for air gasping, and she rests her head against the trunk. I kiss her cheek, and then her jaw, her throat.  

 We walk down the hill, fingers intertwined. She leans against me, and we weave slightly. “I’ll get you next time.” She says. But she already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment